Invisalign Treatment in Ponte Vedra Beach
Invisalign® is the clear way to straighten teeth without braces, using aligners. Aligners are removable and virtually invisible, which means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing; and you can still eat and drink what you want. Also, you can brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth; and there are no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasions.
Many of our patients had never considered traditional braces but are now happily and comfortably improving their smiles with Invisalign®.
What Is Invisalign?
- An invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- A series of clear, removable, custom-made aligners.
- Uses no metal wires or brackets.
- Custom-made for comfort.
How Does Invisalign Work?
- Patients wear each set of Aligners for about two weeks.
- Only remove the aligners to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- Your teeth will move gradually each week.
- You visit us every 4-6 weeks.
- Total treatment time averages 6-15 months, and the average number of aligners used is between 12 and 30.
For Adult Patients
- Adult patients typically visit their doctor once every six weeks or so to ensure that treatment is progressing as planned, and to receive their next few sets of aligners.
- Adults are often looking to improve their smile for business or social reasons.
- Adults often feel that teeth straightening is too much trouble, too embarrassing, or too disruptive, so they forego any treatment. Invisalign is an ideal solution for adults to straighten their teeth and achieve a beautiful smile in a reasonable amount of time with no feelings of self- consciousness during treatment (as the aligners are nearly invisible) and only minimal impact on the patient’s busy schedule.
- Adults want to feel confident that they look their best. Invisalign allows adult patients to feel confident throughout the entire treatment process. Even though the results would be the same with traditional braces, adults just don’t feel comfortable with the thought of having metal in their mouths.
- Adults want a subtle solution, and Invisalign aligners provide the best of both worlds. They are virtually invisible when worn and removable when needed.
- While many adults look at straightening their teeth for cosmetic reasons, it's important to know that straighter teeth and a proper bite can be beneficial to your overall periodontal health.
For Teenage Patients
- Invisalign Teen effectively straightens teeth just as well as metal braces do, and is an ideal choice for active teens.
- Invisalign Teen was developed with leading orthodontists who understand the unique treatment and compliance needs of teens as well as their active lifestyles
- Invisalign Teen works the same way as traditional metal braces – gradually applying force to teeth to move them toward the final desired position over time.
- Every patient’s needs are different and there are many factors that determine the cost of Invisalign treatment. In most cases, Invisalign is comparable in cost to traditional braces, is covered by most dental insurance plans, and affordable financing options are available.
- Invisalign’s treatment capabilities are not limited to mild or cosmetic cases. Invisalign can help correct a broad range of cases including overly crowded teeth, widely spaced teeth, crossbite, overbite, and underbite.
- As with any medical procedure, consider getting a second opinion if you (or your teen) are told that you are not a candidate for Invisalign. Not all dentist and orthodontists are certified Invisalign providers.
- Invisalign treatment is ideal for busy parents because there are never any emergency appointments from broken wires or brackets. Invisalign often requires fewer appointments than traditional metal braces because you get your sets in advance and each visit requires little “chair time.”
- There are nearly two million Invisalign cases either in progress or completed worldwide (10-15% of these are performed on teens).
- Research shows that teen patients are very compliant, but in the event aligners are misplaced, Invisalign provides six free replacement aligners.
Benefits of Straightened Teeth
Straight teeth help an individual to effectively bite, chew, and speak. Straight teeth contribute to healthy teeth and gums. Properly aligned teeth and jaws may alleviate or prevent physical health problems. Teeth that work better also tend to look better. An attractive smile is a pleasant “side effect” of orthodontic treatment.
An attractive smile is a wonderful asset. It contributes to self-esteem, self-confidence and self- image – important qualities at every age. A person's self-esteem often improves as orthodontic treatment brings teeth, lips, and face into proportion. In this way, orthodontic treatment can benefit social and career success, as well as improve a person’s general attitude toward life.